Overseas Medi claim policy or Travel Insurance is an insurance policy that not only covers medical expenses but also protects the insured against the Personal Accident, loss of checked baggage, delay in checked baggage, Loss of Passport, Personal Liability . It is available for three categories of travelers namely 1) Business & Holiday 2) Employment and Study 3) Corporate Frequent Traveler
This policy is not a general health insurance policy. Coverage under the medical expense section of this insurance is intended for use by the Insured person in the event of a sudden and unexpected sickness or accident arising when the insured person is outside the Republic of India. This policy does not cover treatment for any pre existing conditions, i.e any sickness for which the Insured Person has sought medical advice or has taken medical treatment in the preceding 12 months prior to the commencement of travel.
Cover under this section pays medical expenses to the Insured Person reasonably and necessarily incurred outside India due to bodily injury, sickness, disease or death during the period of Insurance.
1. Expenses for physician services, hospital and medical services and local emergency medical transportation.
2. The dental coverage is as per policy schedule for dental services for the immediate relief of dental pain only. However, dental care rendered necessary as a result of a covered accident shall be subject to the limit of cover and deductible stated in the policy schedule.
3.Expenses for physician ordered emergency medical evacuation, including medically appropriate transportation and necessary medical care en route, to the nearest suitable hospital when the Insured Person is critically ill or injured and no suitable local care is available, subject to the prior approval of the Medical Advisors.
4. Expenses for medical evacuation, including transportation and medical care en route to a hospital in the Republic of India or the Insured Person's normal place of residence in the Republic of India when deemed medically advisable by the Medical Advisors and the attending physician.
5. If the Insured Person dies outside the Republic of India, the expenses for preparing the air transportation of the remains for repatriation to the Republic of India or up to an equivalent amount for a local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred is covered.
Capital Sum Insured will be paid to the Insured or his legal representatives on account of accident caused by external, violent and visible means causing death, PTD, or total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or two limbs or of one eye and one limb within twelve calendar months of occurrence during the covered trip.
This insurance will pay up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule in the event of the Insured Person suffering total loss of Checked Baggage, as defined.
This insurance will pay up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule for necessary emergency purchase of replacement items in the event that the Insured Person suffers a delay of more than 12 hours from the scheduled arrival time at the destination for delivery of Baggage that has been checked by an International Airline for an International outbound flight from the Republic of India.
In the event of the Insured Person losing his/her Passport during the trip covered, this insurance will pay up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule for the reimbursement of actual expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred by the Insured Person in connection with obtaining emergency travel documents in lieu of lost passport, outside India.
This insurance will pay up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule if the Insured Person in his or her private capacity becomes legally liable to pay for accidental bodily injury to Third Parties or accidental damage to Third Party Properties, arising from an incident during the covered trip.
1) The policy covers various travel emergencies faced whilst abroad.
2) Premium can be paid in Indian Rupees (except in case of Employment)
3) Claim assistance available from an international service provider
4) Claims are payable in foreign currency to Doctors / Hospitals abroad, directly by the service provider in most cases. In case, cashless service is not available insured can claim reimbursement. The policy can be purchased by any Citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan going abroad for business or holiday purposes or any Foreign nationals working in India for Indian employers of multi-national organizations getting salary in Indian rupees
The first US$ 100 of all medical claims is to be borne by the insured. Sub limits and deductibles may be applicable for individuals over a certain age.
1. All pre-existing disease/illnesses are not covered (known and unknown).
2. Traveling against Medical advice or for Medical treatment including routine check-up.
3. Claims arising out of participation in Military, Naval or Airforce operations.
4. Claims arising out of -Suicide/ intentional self injury/ mental disorder/ alcoholism/ drug abuse/HIV related illness including AIDS.
5. Claims arising out of participation in winter sports/ mountaineering/ adventure sports etc.
6.War & allied Perils